3. Arachibutyrophobia. Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth
4. Gymnophobia. Fear of nudity
5. Pentheraphobia. Fear of your mother-in-law
6. Deipnophobia. Fear of dinner conversation
7. Panphobia. Fear of everything
8. Taphophobia. Fear of being buried alive
9. Pteronophobia. Fear of being tickled with feathers
10. Automatonophobia . Fear of a ventriloquist’s dummy
1. Sawing. The criminal would be hung upside-down and a saw would be used to cut their body in half — starting with the groin.
2. Scaphism. An ancient Persian method of execution. A naked person would be placed inside a hollow tree trunk, their head, hands, and feet protruding. Honey would be rubbed on his body to attract insects. They would then be abandoned. Eventual death was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock from the bites.
3. Snake pit. One of the oldest forms of execution. Convicts were cast into a deep pit with venomous snakes. Several famous leaders have been said to die this way, including Ragnar Lodbrok, a Viking warlord in the 9th century.